THANK YOU FOR VISITING.

IF YOU WANT TO FOLLOW THIS BLOG, CLICK ON FOLLOW BUTTON ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF THIS PAGE.

Feel free to write your comments! Simply click on 'comments' at the end of posting. If you're not a Blogger member or do not have a Google account, just type your comment in the Comment box, then at the "Comment as" box, choose Name/URL profile and type your name. Your name will appear with your comment. If you do not want your name to appear, use the 'Anonymous' profile.


Sunday, July 18, 2010

"A place called heaven"

My son has just come back from India on vacation. I've been following his blog for quite some time. Yesterday there was something that really caught my attention.

While he was away, I made a new fence and gate for our home. It was just a simple one actually, not expensive, but attractive enough for a change, something different in the neighbourhood. I designed the fence and gate myself, and got a friend of mine to build them.

I noticed that of course my son was very much mature after being abroad for a year. But what's more important is that he seemed to be very happy at home. He probably missed his family, but I think he's more happy to see the changes in our home. It also could be due to his comparison between home and the place he is studying- a remote, underdeveloped part of India.

All the while I always tried my best to provide the best for my family, despite my financial and other shortcomings, and being strict and hard on them at times. I couldn't afford to give them heaven, but I always tried hard to give them a happy environment, because I believe that's the most important thing for a child's growth- a happy home. The worst a parent can do is to make the home a hell for the kids.

My son took some pictures of the new gate and fence at our home, and pictures of his siblings and his mom. He posted it on his blog immediately- just pictures and a few captions...

But the title speaks a lot about his feelings. That blog entry was titled "A place called heaven".

Today I really feel like a proud father.

3 comments:

  1. like the saying.. theres no place like home..yes, you should be proud!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bro, tahniah! Very touching......I can see ur o wonderful father

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks like a happy family!

    ReplyDelete